Rigid Molded Overview
Scan-Pac Mfg. Inc. offers a complete line of molded and rigid friction product configurations. From the extensive offering of Industrial Brake Blocks to individual custom molded parts for a specific OEM application, the ultimate friction properties can be utilized from Scan-Pac’s broad array of rigid friction materials available.
Custom fabricated parts can be produced when volume doesn’t warrant finish molding a special shape. Parts can be fabricated for emergency or small volume requirements by yourself from readily available flat sheet products in popular material selections.
Scan-Pac R&D is ready to develop a special material for your specific application if one of the standard rigid friction materials doesn’t meet the requirements of your application.
Molded Flat Sheet
Wide range of friction materials available in sizes and thickness for user fabrication into any desired shape. Quick turnaround of production assures availability in 12 ¾” x 15”, 20″x 20″ or 30″x 30″, or 40” x 40” flat sheets in wide range of available friction levels. Material can either be machined or fabricated by water-jet cutting to desired shape.
- Industry tested materials in wide range of friction levels
- Available with short lead times
- For emergency repairs & small quantity requirements
- Flat shapes can be saw cut or machined to fit original part quickly and easily
When volume warrants a special shape be produced, the most effective process is custom molding. There are many distinct advantages to use a custom molded friction part.
- Almost unlimited shapes are available including integrally-molded disc pads
- Tolerances can be maintained to eliminate machining
- Metallic inserts can be incorporated into molding
- Available with special grooves, slots, tapered shapes and with unique internal &external configurations
- Examples of use: construction and mining machinery, punch presses, rewind equipment, printing presses, magnetic clutches and brakes, industrial PTO,s and industrial brakes
Rigid Molded Brake blocks
Non-asbestos rigid molded blocks are the premium product line for use on heavy duty industrial brakes and shoe type clutches. The Scan-Pac RF materials exhibit smooth consistent friction with excellent properties.
- Wide range of friction levels
- Low wear and abrasion
- Excellent fade resistance
- Smooth, consistent friction
- Heavy duty industrial brakes & shoe clutch applications
- Drilled or undrilled
- Examples of use: overhead cranes, crane, shovel & draglines, industrial lift trucks, hoists & winches, tension control devices, mining equipment, logging equipment and haul trucks